Sixth in the U.S. for business expansion
If you're looking for a business climate focused on helping your company succeed, Cincinnati USA is it. We're so committed to business growth that our region earned the number-six spot in the nation for business expansion by Site Selection magazine. And it was our tenth consecutive year in the top 10.
Companies of all sizes, from start-ups to FORTUNE® 500 firms, effectively compete and grow in Cincinnati USA thanks to a solid foundation of low business operating costs, pro-business financial incentives, and resources. Cincinnati USA is the most competitive large city in the U.S., according to KPMG's 2012 Competitive Alternative Study. No wonder our region has so many FORTUNE 500 companies, 400+ foreign-owned firms and a thriving business community of entrepreneurs and small businesses.
A major brand hub
Cincinnati USA has more FORTUNE 500 companies per million residents than New York, Boston, Chicago or Los Angeles, and is the home of many of the most recognized and respected brands in the world.
- Headquarters of nine FORTUNE 500 and 15 FORTUNE 1000 companies
- 400 FORTUNE 500 companies have a presence in Cincinnati USA
- Headquarters or major operations for several industry leaders:
- Headquarters of P&G, the world's largest consumer products company Headquarters of Macy's, Inc., one of the nation's premier retailers
- Headquarters of The Kroger Company, one of the nation's largest grocery retailers
- Regional office of Citigroup, the leading global bank
- Regional office of Fidelity Investments, a leading financial services company
- Central office of Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America
Entrepreneurs and small businesses
Several established incubators and accelerators help owners refine their business plans, seek out investment dollars and more. These support organizations include:
Pro-business financial incentives
Tax incentives, credits, grants and loans are designed to make doing business and expanding in our region affordable for companies.